Response to COVID-19
Our priority is to protect the health and wellness of all of our patients, staff and our community, and in this situation surrounding the declared pandemic of coronavirus, we are implementing a pandemic plan to keep all as safe as possible from any worsening situation.
If you have the following symptoms:
- difficulty breathing, or
- travelled internationally in the last 14 days
Stay home and follow the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care advice as follows:
- drink plenty of fluids
- get rest and sleep as much as possible
- try a humidifier or a hot shower to help with a sore throat or cough
If you need immediate medical attention you should call 911 and mention your travel history and symptoms.
Screening for COVID-19 is being done at the Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre, upon arrival at the hospital.
The following resources can provide information on the local, and provincial updates:
- Thunder Bay District health Unit: https://www.tbdhu.com/coronavirus
- Ontario Ministry of Health and long-Term Care: https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus#section-9
- Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre: https://tbrhsc.net/covid-19-information/
To protect yourself and others from illness causing germs, please ensure you follow these everyday
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer;
- Practice proper respiratory etiquette (covering your nose/mouth when coughing or
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth;
- Avoid contact with people who are ill;
- Stay home if you are experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness;
- It is recommended to get your flu shot if you haven’t already as the flu virus is still
circulating in the community;
- Seek medical care if required and disclose any recent travel history.
Our clinic will be implementing additional screening measures for patients arriving at the clinic, and we will be available by phone at 807-475-9595.
Our clinic does not provide COVID testing on site.
If you have symptoms and are at risk, call 807-935-8100 (this may also provide home testing for those with mobility issues or children under 12)
If you want testing, go online to book at www.tbrhsc.net and click “Book a COVID-19 Test” in the top left corner.
Programs & Services
Are you the caregiver? Hosted by a number of our clinic’s providers including Social Worker, Dietitian, NP, and more.
Concerned about possible memory issues? Speak with your Nurse Practitioner about Memory Screening. We are here to help.
We will teach a number of lifestyle habits to achieve and maintain nutrition, exercise and management of chronic illness.
Thank you to everyone who joined us today for our expansion grand opening! We enjoyed getting to share our clinic with the community and publicly recognizing all the wonderful individuals who played a role in our expansion!